Student counseling


Dear students,

We are pleased to be able to provide you with a differentiated range of consulting services for your questions at the Institute of Educational Science together with cooperation partners from other institutions of RWTH Aachen University. The focus of our consultations lies in the field of educational science. Offers from other facilities are available for any further questions.

In the overview below, you will find contact persons for key areas of your studies, to whom you are welcome to address your concerns.

We wish you a lot of joy and success for your studies!


Counseling at the Institute of Education

Please note the subject-specific examination regulations for educational science and the general examination regulations as well as further downloads.

Degree course related study counseling Education: Teaching (educational studies)


  • Teacher-related Bachelor and Master Courses Teaching GyGe

Dr. Ursula Boelhauve
Telephone: +49 241 80 96021

  • Teacher-related Bachelor's and Master's Degree Courses BK

Dr. Jürgen Kremer
Telephone: +49 241 80 96022

Degree course related study counseling Education: Master of Empirical Educational Research


  • Master Program Empirical Educational Research

Dr. phil Sabine Hering
E-Mail: sabine.hering @
Telephone: +49 241 80 96557


All teachers of the Institute of Educational Science are available to answer your questions about their respective courses. The contact details can be found on our homepage.

Special contact persons for the organization of individual module examinations


  • Organization module examination "Educational Science I"

Dr. Sabine Hering
Telephone: +49 241 80 96557

  • Organization Module Examination "Cognitive, Motivational, Emotional and Contextual Factors of Human Learning"

Dr. Julia Fluck
Telephone: +49 241 80 96297

  • Organization module examination "Educational Science II"

Dr. Selma Haupt
Telephone: +49 241 80 96289


Advisory services at other institutions

Consultation and responsibilities for the organization of educational science practice elements at the office of the Lehrerbildungszentrum


  • Consultation and registration for the professional field internship & organization Aptitude and orientation internship

Dr. Lutz Mirbach
Telephone: +49 241 80 96436

  • Registration Preparation Seminars Practical Semester including Educational Science

see Lehrerbildungszentrum (LBZ)

Qualifications and classifications relating to the study of educational science in teacher training courses

Examination board for teaching of faculty 7 is responsible for recognition and grading questions concerning the study of educational science in the teaching-related Bachelor's and Master's degree programs. Contact person is Dr. med. Aljoscha Merk.

Dr. Aljoscha Merk
Telephone: +49 241 80 96373

Please address your formal application for recognition or classification with regard to educational studies to Dr. Ing. Merk. If you need a clearance certificate for education studies or a classification recommendation, please contact Dr. med. Merk.

Depending on your desired study program, you can contact Dr. med. Boelhauve (teacher GyGe) or dr. Kremer (Lehramt BK) will arrange a consultation for the installation of your studies.

Subject-related questions about teaching studies

For subject-related questions concerning the subjects or professional fields of your teacher training course, please contact the course advisors in each subject.

Interdisciplinary questions about teaching studies


For questions relating the Bachelor and Master area the following contact persons are available at the office of the Lehrerbildungszentrum:

  • Study Coordination and Counseling for the Teacher-related Bachelor

Emanuel Schmidt
Telephone.: +49 241 80-96428

  • Study Coordination and Counseling for Master of Education

Dr. Tim Wolfgarten
Telephone: +49 241 80-96426


Furthermore, you can contact the student secretariat of RWTH Aachen with questions about enrollment.

For questions regarding examination law, please contact the central examinatin office.

The contact person for general questions about studying is the central student advice.